HiSilicon (Shanghai) Technologies Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "HiSilicon", "we", or "our"), fully respects your privacy. We hereby make the HiSilicon Privacy Statement, or the Statement for short. This Statement is applicable to HiSilicon websites, products, and services that display or link to this Statement.
This Statement describes how HiSilicon processes your personal data, but it may not cover all possible data processing scenarios. HiSilicon may inform you of collecting product- or service-specific data through supplementary statements or notices provided before collection.
This Statement describes:
1.How HiSilicon Collects and Uses Your Personal Data
3.How HiSilicon Shares Your Personal Data
4.How HiSilicon Protects Your Personal Data
5.How You Can Manage Your Personal Data
6.How HiSilicon Protects Children's Personal Data
7.Third-Party Providers and Services
8.International Transfers of Your Personal Data
9.Updates to This Statement
10.How to Contact Us
1. How HiSilicon Collects and Uses Your Personal Data
• Personal data means any data that, either on its own or jointly with other data, can be used to identify a natural person. You directly provide us with such data when you use our websites, products, or services, or when you interact with us, such us contacting us for support. We also obtain such data by recording how you interact with our websites, products, or services. For example, we may use technologies like cookies, or receive usage data from software running on your device. We may also obtain relevant data from public and commercial third-party sources if permitted by law. For example, we purchase statistics from other companies to support our services,your name, company name, position, phone number, email address, city, and country. The data we collect comes from channels including the websites you visit or the products and services you use, depending on the way you interact with HiSilicon. We also collect the data you provide and the content of messages you send us, such as the query information you input or the questions or information you provide for customer service support. You may need to provide your personal data before using our products or services. In some cases, you can reject providing such data. However, if you choose not to provide the data, HiSilicon may not be able to provide you with corresponding products or services, or respond to or resolve your issues.
• We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
(a) Creating an account
(b) Fulfilling your service requests, including joining in online or offline activities and getting technical support
(c) Contacting you with your consent; sending you products and services information that you may be interested in; inviting you to participate in HiSilicon activities (including promotions), market surveys, or satisfaction surveys; or sending you marketing information
(d) Troubleshooting when you send us error reports
(e) Synchronizing, sharing, and storing the data you have uploaded or downloaded, and the data required for uploading and downloading operations
(f) Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies
• We may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify a particular individual. For example, we collect statistical data, such as the number of visits to our websites. We do so to understand how users use our websites, products, and services. In this way, we can improve our services and better satisfy your needs. HiSilicon may collect, use, process, transfer, or disclose non-PII for other purposes at its own discretion. We will endeavor to isolate your personal data from non-PII and ensure that the two types of data are used separately. Any personal data that is mixed with non-PII will still be treated as personal data.
(a) We process your personal data based on the requirements of applicable laws on an appropriate legal basis, including:
(b) Processing your personal data to fulfill the contract when responding to your transaction or service requests.
(c) Processing your personal data with your consent.
(d) Processing based on the legitimate interests of HiSilicon or a third party when we use your personal data to contact you, conduct marketing or market surveys, improve our products and services, execute and improve our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs, and so on. Legitimate interests include: (1) enabling us to more effectively manage and operate our business and provide our products and services; (2) protecting the security of our business, systems, products, services, and customers; (3) internal management; (4) complying with internal policies and processes; (5) other legitimate interests described in this Statement.
(e) We may also process your personal data as necessary to comply with and fulfill legal obligations.
• We may at times store small data files called cookies on computers or mobile devices to ensure the normal operation of our websites. A cookie is a text file stored on a computer or a mobile device by a web server. Its content can be retrieved or read only by the server that created it. Each cookie is unique to the web browser or mobile application you are using. The text in a cookie usually contains identifiers, site names, numbers, and characters. Cookies allow websites to store data such as user preferences and items in the shopping cart.
3. How HiSilicon Shares Your Personal Data
• To comply with any applicable laws or legal procedure requests, we may need to share your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies. If HiSilicon is involved in reorganization, a merger, bankruptcy, or liquidation lawsuit within a given jurisdiction, we may share your personal data to third parties involved in the transaction. We may also share your data when appropriate, such as when executing contract terms, when we believe sharing is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical harm or property loss, or when it is in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
4. How HiSilicon Protects Your Personal Data
• HiSilicon regards personal data security as extremely important. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to prevent your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use cryptography to ensure data confidentiality; we adopt trusted protection mechanisms to prevent data from malicious attacks; we deploy access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorized personnel can access personal data; and we hold training courses on security and privacy protection to enhance employees' awareness. We are committed to protecting your personal data. However, please note that no security measure is absolutely secure.
• We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this Statement, unless an extension of the retention period is required or permitted by laws. The data retention period may vary by scenario, product, and service. The determining standards are as follows: (1) the time required to fulfill business purposes. These include providing products and services, maintaining transaction and business records, controlling and improving the performance and quality of products and services, ensuring the security of systems, products, and services, handling possible user queries or complaints, and locating faults; (2) user's consent for a longer retention period; (3) special requirements of the laws, contracts, and other equivalences for data retention, and so on.
5. How You Can Manage Your Personal Data
• Data access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, and objection to processing Legislation in some countries and regions where HiSilicon provides products and services or from where HiSilicon processes personal data gives data subjects the right to submit requests to access, rectify, erase, and port their personal data (referred to as "requests"), or to restrict or object to the processing of their data.
(a) Requesting modes and channels
Data subjects' requests must be submitted through privacy channels designated by HiSilicon. The requests are valid regardless of whether the requester specifies the laws on which requests are based. Data subjects can send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) Validity of request
Most laws require data subjects to comply with specific requirements when they propose requests. This Statement requires data subjects to:
i. Send requests through the submission channels designated by HiSilicon.
ii. Provide sufficient information for HiSilicon to verify the identity (to ensure that the person who proposes the request is the corresponding data subject or is authorized by them).
iii. Ensure that their requests are specific and feasible.
Based on laws and regulations, HiSilicon does not have to comply with the requests in full or at all in some circumstances.
• Deregistering a HiSilicon Account
You can deregister your account for HiSilicon account-related products. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing you with products and services, and delete your personal data, unless otherwise stipulated by laws. Your account cannot be restored after deregistration. To start using our products or services again, you will need to register a new account.
6. How HiSilicon Protects Children's Personal Data
• Our products, websites, and services are aimed at adults. HiSilicon does not intentionally or knowingly collect personal data from children (as defined by applicable laws). We require that children do not submit any personal data to us. If you find that HiSilicon has collected children's data, you can contact us based on the contact information in section 5 "How You Can Manage Your Personal Data". We will try to delete the data as soon as possible.
7. Third-Party Providers and Services
• To ensure your smooth browsing experience, content or links from third parties of HiSilicon and our partners (referred to as "third parties") may be sent to you. HiSilicon has no control over such third parties. You can choose whether to click the links, view the content, or use the products and services provided by third parties.
• HiSilicon cannot control the privacy or data protection policies of third parties, and such parties are not subject to this Statement. Please read the privacy policies of third parties before submitting your personal data to them.
8. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
• HiSilicon provides products and services around the world. With your consent, we store your personal data on servers in the People's Republic of China under the premise that security measures such as data privacy protection are taken. HiSilicon ensures that your data is fully and equally protected as required by applicable laws and regulations.
9. Updates to This Statement
• HiSilicon reserves the right to update this Statement at any time. We will release the latest statement here. If we make major changes to this Statement, we may also notify you through different channels, such as by publishing the changes on HiSilicon's official website.
10. How to Contact Us
• If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about privacy, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are in the European Union or European Economic Area, please contact our European data protection representative . We will reply as soon as possible.
• If you are not satisfied with our reply, especially if our handling of personal data violates your legal rights and interests, you may submit a complaint to relevant supervisory authorities.
Last updated: September 2020