To better serve global developers across a wide range of industries, HiSilicon offers high-performing chips and components, as well as core technologies such as 5G, AI, and 8K, helping construct versatile development platforms such as smart vision and smart IoT to address common requirements. HiSilicon provides developers with technical training and empowerment, communication platforms, and ecosystem cooperation services by engaging in independent design house (IDH) collaboration, developer community building, and initiating partnerships with universities, improving application development efficiency and nurturing innovation.
In the intelligent era, smart devices serve as the hub bridging the physical and digital worlds. Smart connectivity is the connecting thread that helps facilitate the provision of intelligent services. With the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT), smart connectivity represents the fusion of connectivity and computing, melding IoT with the traditional Internet, to equip smart devices to better their users. IoT smart devices have a multitude of different applications, and thus, smart connectivity needs to be implemented in the following layers:
- Physical layer: Ensures stable connections.
- OS layer: Supports the open-source ecosystem, facilitating third-party adaptation to a wide range of industries.
- Security layer: Supports hardware-level encryption, complete encryption and privacy safeguards.
- Application layer: Supports cross-terminal, cross-vendor interconnections and interworking.
- O&M: Facilitates easy operations and maintenance.
In order to address the preceding challenges, HiSilicon's smart IoT platform, which is based on the HiSpark Wi-Fi IoT development kit, supports open-source HarmonyOS and Huawei LiteOS at the OS layer, integrates HiLink at the application layer, and is capable of adapting to other third-party IoT agents, allowing it to serve as the main method of entry for connections and wide-ranging interactions, particular those in smart home scenarios. The smart IoT platform can be widely utilized in smart home appliances, STEAM education kits (K12 teaching aids and university teaching kits), and consumer smart devices (low-power weight scales, one-touch printers, and distributed voice modules).
- Excellent RF performance: Transmit power and receiver sensitivity exceed standard industry performance by 2–3 dB. Anti-interference capabilities are robust, coverage is more stable, and penetration capabilities have been bolstered, improving coverage by 30%.
- Easy configuration and networking: The imperceptible configuration of networks within a short distance provides for an optimal user experience, and mesh self-networking supports more than 200 connected nodes.
- Low power consumption: A unique low-power design makes it more suitable for battery power supply scenarios. The long battery lifespan and low maintenance workload mean that batteries do not need to be replaced during specific scenarios.
- Multiple security capabilities: Different hardware-based encryption protocols are supported, providing chip-level data security and privacy safeguards.
- Open-source operating systems: HarmonyOS, Linux, and Huawei LiteOS are all supported.
- Two online clouds: Smart devices can be seamlessly integrated into the HiLink ecosystem, and third-party IoT agents can be integrated with ease.